Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Faith: Vehicle of Destiny--Pastor Clay Baggett

During worship tonight, the Holy Spirit was moving!!! Maybe it was just me, but it was awesome! The last song we did was called Awakening and it went right along with my conversation with God yesterday on my way back from Evansville (see previous post). Then the sermon just further confirmed it all. Here are my sermon notes:

Imagine your faith as a vehicle. What would that vehicle be?
   Gremlin: Small, out-dated, cheap, no longer in production
   Ambulance: Only accessed in dire emergencies
   Bus: Mass-transit, only strong in large groups
   Mazaradi: Fast, beautiful, but not at all practical, and very expensive.
   Monster Truck: Loves to crush stuff and make noises but never really accomplishes anything good.
   Concept Car: Beautiful, unique, one of a kind, but was never meant to leave the showroom.
   Bicycle: Easy to take care of, relatively inexpensive, not dependant on the oil in the middle east, low emissions, heart healthy, requires a little work on your part to get where you're going.

Let's look at Paul. What did his vehicle look like? What is it that made Paul so extraordinary?

Acts 14:8-20

1-This man had FAITH! (v 8)
     a-The lame man's circumstances said he could not.
     b-Paul perceived his level of faith because like spirits attract like spirits.
     c-Paul observed him intently before judging his level of faith.

2-Being an ORDINARY person is important because God use them to do EXTRAORDINARY things! (v 14)
     a-Paul had issues.
     b-Paul had flaws.
     c-In the midst of success don't lose your ordinariness.
You bring the ORDINARY; God adds the EXTRA!

3-ORDINARY people doing EXTRAORDINARY things can expect EXTRAORDINARY attacks!
     a-Deal with ordinary (obvious) attacks first. Satan will use 20-year-old offenses to deflate your faith if he can.
     b-We need to be willing to work outside the world's system.
     c-Because the only place the enemy can attack us is thru that system.
     d-If you're being spanked by the enemy then realize that it's because of the potential potency of the anointing on your life.
     e-God's agenda for you is waiting on you to recognize who you are!

4-ORDINARY people doing EXTRAORDINARY things can expect EXTRAORDINARY deliverance!
     a-The people had left Paul for dead, but God had a different plan.
     b-I wonder if Paul felt like he was in God's perfect will when he waked to the next city 100 miles away after being stoned.

After church was over, I went to talk to Pastor Clay and Jonathon to tell them about my time with God yesterday and how they both reiterated what God was saying to me. They were talking and I was waiting when Pastor Darin smeared anointing oil on my forehead. He said "I had some left on my hand, so I figured I'd give it to you." I said, "Nothing wrong with that! I'll take all the anointing I can get!" The whole night was amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment